OMB Control Number: 3060-1045 February 2020
Section 76.1610, Change of Operational Information; FCC Form 324, Operator, Mail Address, and Operational Status
1. Under 47 CFR Section 76.1610,1 Operators shall inform the Commission on FCC Form 324 whenever there is a change of cable television system operator; change of legal name, change of the operator's mailing address or FCC Registration Number (FRN); or change in the operational status of a cable television system. Notification must be done within 30 days from the date the change occurs and must include the following information, as appropriate: (a) The legal name of the operator and whether the operator is an individual, private association, partnership, corporation, or government entity. See §76.5(cc). If the operator is a partnership, the legal name of the partner responsible for communications with the Commission shall be supplied; (b) The assumed name (if any) used for doing business in each community; (c) The physical address, including zip code, and e-mail address, if applicable, to which all communications are to be directed; (d) The nature of the operational status change (e.g., operation terminated, merged with another system, inactive, deleted, etc.); (e) The names and FCC identifiers (e.g., CA 0001) of the system communities affected.
The Commission removed 47 CFR 76.1620(f) and (g) from its rules to remove duplication (see FCC 17-120, adopted on September 22, 2017). There are no revisions to FCC Form 324.
This information collection does not affect individuals or households; thus, there are no impacts under the Privacy Act.
Statutory authority for this collection of information is contained in Sections 154(i), 303, 308, 309, and 621 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended.
2. Commission staff uses the data to communicate with the cable system operator as necessary to ensure its obligations are met under Title VI of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended.
3. The form will be filed electronically.
4. No other agency imposes a similar information collection on the respondents. There is no similar data available.
5. This collection of information does not have a significant impact on a substantial amount of small businesses.
6. If the Commission did not require the collection of this information, it would be unable to maintain contact with cable system operators to verify compliance with statutory requirements.
7. There are no special circumstances.
8. The Commission published a Notice (84 FR 64889) in the Federal Register on November 25, 2019 seeking comment from the public on the information collection requirements contained in this collection. No comments were received from the public as a result of the Notice.
9. No payment of gift was provided to the respondents.
10. There is no need for confidentiality with this collection of information.
11. This collection of information does not address any private matters of a sensitive nature.
12. We estimate that there are 325 cable system operators (respondents) who will file one FCC Form 324 annually.
The estimated number of filings per year is 325.
The estimated average burden for each FCC Form 324 is 30 minutes (0.5 hours). These estimates are based on Commission staff’s knowledge and familiarity with the data required.
Total Number of Annual Respondents: 325 Cable System Operators
Total Number of Annual Responses: 325 FCC Form 324 filings
Total Annual Burden Hours: 325 x 0.5 hours = 163 hours
Annual “In-house cost”: The respondent is estimated to have an average salary of $1000,000/year ($48.08/hour).
325 FCC Form 324 filings x 0.5 hours/filing x $48.08/hour = $7,813
13. Annual Cost Burden:
(a) Total annualized capital/startup costs: None
(b) Total annual costs (O&M): None
(c) Total annualized cost requested: None
14. Cost to the Federal Government: The agency will use a clerical GS-5, step 5 level employee to process FCC Form 324 filings.
Annual FCC Form 324 filings: 325. Average processing time: 0.25 hours
Total hours Cost per Number of Total
Per Form Hour Applications Cost
Clerical 0.25 hours $21.34 325 $1,733.88
Total Cost to the Federal Government: $1,733.88
15. There are no program changes to this collection. There are adjustments to this collection which are due to less respondents submitting FCC Form 324 to the Commission. The adjustments are as follows: 4,675 to the number of respondents, 4,675 to the number of responses and 2,337 to the annual burden hours.
16. The data will not be published.
17. We request extension of the waiver not to publish the expiration date on the form. This will obviate the need for the Commission to update electronic forms upon the expiration date of the clearance. OMB approval of the expiration date of the information collection will be displayed at 47 CFR Section 0.408.
18. There are no exceptions to the Certification Statement.
B. Collections of Information Employing Statistical Methods
No statistical methods are employed.
1 The Commission removed Section 76.1610(f) and (g) from the rules to remove duplication from Section 76.1610 (see FCC 17-120, adopted on September 22, 2017).
|File Title||SUPPORTING STATEMENT|