OMB Control Number: 3060-0346 October 2020
Title: Section 78.27, License Conditions
1. 47 CFR 78.27(b)(1) requires the licensee of a Cable Television Relay Service (CARS) station to notify the Commission in writing when the station commences operation. Such notification shall be submitted on or before the last day of the authorized one year construction period; otherwise, the station license shall be automatically forfeited.
47 CFR 78.27(b)(2) requires CARS licensees needing additional time to complete construction of the station and commence operation shall request an extension of time 30 days before the expiration of the one year construction period. Exceptions to the 30-day advance-filing requirement may be granted where unanticipated delays occur
The Commission is requesting an extension of this information collection in order to receive the full approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) three-year clearance/approval.
This information collection does not affect individuals or households; thus, there are no impacts under the Privacy Act.
Statutory authority for this collection of information is contained in Section 154(i) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended.
2. The information is filed and provides to the Commission accurate records of actual CARS channel usage for frequency coordination purposes and to prevent spectrum warehousing.
3. The use of information technology is not feasible in this situation. Each filing is unique and does not require the use of a standardized form.
4. No other agency imposes similar information collection requirements on the respondents.
5. These information collection requirements do not have a significant economic impact on small entities/businesses.
6. If these information collection requirements were not conducted, the Commission would not be aware that all pending CARS stations have either commenced operation or experienced delays in construction that delayed operation. These filings are essential to the Commission, in that they are used to ensure appropriate frequency coordination and to prevent frequency interference.
7. There are no special circumstances that apply to these information collection requirements
8. The Commission published a Notice (85 FR 51702) in the Federal Register on August 21, 2020 seeking comments from the public on the information collection requirements contained in this collection. No comments were received from the public.
There will be no payment or gifts given to respondents.
There is no need for confidentiality with this collection of information.
This collection of information does not address any private matters of a sensitive nature.
12. We estimate that CARS licenses will, on an annual basis, file approximately 3 notifications and 1 request for additional time to construct. The average burden for each filing is estimated to be 10 minutes (0.166).
Total Number of Annual Respondents: 4 CAR Licensees1
Total Number of Annual Responses: 3 notifications + 1 request = 4 responses
Total Annual Burden Hours: 3 notifications + 1 request x 0.166 hours = 1 hour
Annual “In-house” cost: We estimate the average hourly wage of $48.08 per hour for individuals tasked with filing requirement. These estimates are based on Commission staff’s knowledge and familiarity with the availability of data required.
3 notifications + 1 request x 0.166 hours x $48.08/hours = $31.93
Total Annual In-House Cost: $31.93
13. Annual Cost Burden: There are no costs to respondents for the information collection requirements contained in this collection.
14. Cost to the Federal Government: Notifications/extension requests estimated to be filed: 4. Average processing time for each request: 0.50 hours. The responses will be processed by Commission staff at the GS 14 step 5 grade level ($65.88/hour) and a GS 7 step 5 grade level ($26.43).
Total hours Number of Total
per filing Cost per filing Filings/Requests Cost
Professional 0.25 hours $65.88 4 $65.88
Clerical 0.25 hours $26.43 4 $26.43 Total Cost to the Federal Government: $92.31
15. There no program changes to this collection. There are adjustments to this information collection which are due to the estimates changing for this collection. These adjustments/decreases are as follows: -12 to the number of respondents, -12 to the annual number of responses and -2 to the annual burden hours.
16. The Commission does not intend to publish the results of these collections of information.
17. We do not seek approval not to display the expiration date for OMB approval of this information collection.
18. There are no exceptions to Certification Statement.
Collections of Information Employing Statistical Methods:
No statistical methods will be employed for this information collection.
1 These four respondents make up their universe of respondent pool; therefore, approval for this collection is needed from OMB.
|File Title||OMB 3060-0346|