Application for Carrier Documentation

OMB 1615-0135

OMB 1615-0135

Form I-131A has a single use. A lawful permanent resident, who is traveling overseas and is not in possession of a valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card or other evidence of lawful permanent resident status, may use this form to apply for a Travel Document within one year of his or her last departure from the United States. The lawful permanent resident must submit the application in person at a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate. The decision on Form I-131A is entirely discretionary and may not be appealed. Furthermore, DHS may revoke or terminate a Travel Document at any time. If the Form I-131A is approved, DOS or DHS will issue a Travel Document, generally valid for 30 days, which will allow the lawful permanent resident to board a vessel or aircraft, travel to the United States, and present him or herself at a U.S. port-of-entry for inspection as a returning lawful permanent resident. A Travel Document is not a guarantee of admission or other form of entry into the United States, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will carry out all required inspection procedures upon the alien’s arrival at a U.S. port of entry.

The latest form for Application for Carrier Documentation expires 2022-08-31 and can be found here.

OMB Details

Application for Travel Document (Carrier Documentation)

Federal Enterprise Architecture: Homeland Security - Border and Transportation Security

Form I-131AApplication for Travel Document (Carrier Documentation)Fillable PrintableForm

Review document collections for all forms, instructions, and supporting documents - including paper/printable forms.

© 2024 | Privacy Policy